Monday, October 31, 2011

DIY: Leather Bracelet

Hi guys, so I have been waiting to do this post for a long time! I am really exited. I have gotten a lot of compliments on my bracelet and I have been obsessed with DIY  ideas, so today I am showing you how to make it! Let's start with the tutorial!

You will need:
  • leather cords (try picking a neutral color)
  • Fake Diamond chain (mine is an embellishment from a top that my mom did't want)
  • Cotton cord (pick any color you want)
  • Brass hex nut (PS: you will only need one)
  • A pair of scissors
  • Nail Top coat 


1.- Double your leather cord and tie a knot. Leave a small piece like I did for closing my bracelet.

2.- With the cotton cord start wrapping it around the leather cord, just 1/2 of an inch.



3.- Place your fake diamond chain and start wrapping the cotton cord around it. Normally this chains have some space between the diamonds.

You are going to start having something like this.

4.- Continue wrapping it around.



5.- Wrap the cotton cord around the end as we did at the start.


You will have something like this.

6.- Tie a knot, then add the nut and then tie it again.
7.- Put top coat on the knots and on the nut. This will help the cords to stay on the place.

At the ends you will have something like this!

This is the finish product:



Random info... In case you are curious:

On my nails: OPI What's the cattitude.

Leave on the comments if your are doing this DIY!!



No comments:

Post a Comment